As part of our CEI Team, the successful applicant will be a highly motivated individual with a background in Oil and Gas Markets as well as experience in sales and service. BD-Sales Representative is responsible for developing opportunities with new and existing customers within the assigned territory and or list of clients. Individuals must be self-starters, and highly motivated.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Minimum 2 years of proven technical sales experience
- Proven strong customer relationship skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying business opportunities, building, and maintaining successful relationships with prospects and existing clients.
- Scheduling appointments and visiting existing customers to review product needs and developing other opportunities.
- Organizing and attending joint sales calls with BD team.
- Developing new accounts.
- Continuously updating customers on product improvements.
- Providing solutions to customers’ problems.
- Introduction of new products to customers.
- Preparing reports for marketing and sales and keeping expense accounts.
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures, and tools by attending training and departmental meetings.
- Gather market intelligence from the field competitive activity, business activity, and leverage insights to build business strategies.
- Develop contacts and relationships with new and existing customers to sell products, introduce new or alternative product lines, and grow sales.
- Ensure retention of existing business by developing working relationships with site-management, including upper management, and perform related account management activities; utilize technical service personnel to perform day to day account management activities when appropriate.
- Develop sales and related business strategies for the territory, region, or product group and require some management oversight; sales area is generally moderate in size and scope, has a reasonable sales volume, and typically includes multiple business segments.
- Respond to questions and concerns from customers, apply a working understanding of product lines and application methods, and ensure customer satisfaction; receive direction from other personnel on a limited basis.
- Knowledge and ability to present full product portfolio.
- Presenting product quotes as required.
- Liaising between customers and the company to update status of proposals.
- Performing maintenance and updating of customers’ accounts including contact names for future sales.
- Work to identify new areas and markets where CEI could potentially do business.
- Collaborating with team on business strategy to determine objectives, evaluate current business performance and maximize business reach and potential.
- Monitor sales in different areas to determine whether or not our customer base is growing or shrinking based on sales.
- Work to identify niche markets and develop them ahead of the competition.
- Identify unexplored opportunities in CEI’s existing client base.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop a marketing strategy for new and existing clients.
- Actively collaborate with other CEI personnel and departments to both gain and give support to grow CEI’s business interests
- All other job duties as required.
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Eastern US
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- A company committed to career growth.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- Pre-employment background screening will be required for applicants selected to be interviewed
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.