The Purchaser is responsible for the Procurement activities of the company in a timely, efficient, and safe environment and ensures quality of product and service provided by both White Tail Automation and its Suppliers. The Purchaser ensures that quality assurance is in accordance with expectations set out in quality procedures, quality assurance manual and work instructions and is equal to the requirements of the company standard.
- Prepare and issue Request for Quotation (RFQ) to approved suppliers. Evaluate the RFQS factors such as terms, conditions, price, delivery, quality etc. and negotiate with suppliers the best prices and delivery times to ensure that company quality, price and delivery times are achieved.
- Initiative annual purchasing cost saving plan and update PPV (Purchasing Price Variance) report weekly to take actions to meet cost saving target.
- Facilitate engineering changes and other projects to enable savings and/or sourcing flexibility.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders (PO’s) to suppliers to ensure that company quality, price and delivery times are achieved.
- Maintain and monitor progress of purchase orders including daily or weekly communication with suppliers to obtain purchase order status updates and take proactive actions to ensure that company quality and delivery requirements are achieved.
- Undertake other duties from time to time as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Proven 2 years’ successful experience as a supply chain, purchasing and logistic or relevant role dealing with North American and International suppliers.
- Must have demonstratable experience of successful negotiation of pricing and delivery.
- Knowledge and experience of electrical, instrumentation, and automation processes strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and evaluate engineering drawings and specification.
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices.
- Practical experience of using electronic communication methods to keep track of purchase orders, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Excel, and MRP/ERP systems
- Demonstrate an aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be results-orientated and able to work independently.
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Head offices in Denver, CO and Fort Worth, TX or Working Remote – Travel to other states as required.
- A company committed to career growth.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- Pre-employment background screening will be required for applicants selected to be interviewed
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.