We are currently seeking an Engine/Compressor Mechanic (Journeyman Millwright / Heavy Duty Mechanic) to provide service, maintenance, and repair work on gas compressors and engines in gas plants and adjacent field facilities. The successful applicant will help to maintain, develop and grow business and customer relations.
- Apply knowledge of gas compression packages (panels, controls, instrumentation, and package operation) and engine/compressor component life cycles to optimize equipment run times;
- Interpret flow sheets and drawings;
- Demonstrate an understanding of mounting and alignment, commissioning, package operations, mechanical components, instrumentation, and electronics;
- Perform startups, servicing, repairs, overhauls, warranty work, etc.
- Diagnose and trouble shoot engine compressor problems;
- Diagnose problems and provide recommendations to Service Coordinator and clients;
- Verify all proper setting and adjustments (alignment, pull downs, rod run out, ESM, fuel gas pressure and settings, crankcase pressure, flange torquing, cooler checks, etc);
- Judge priorities on unit repairs in terms of down time, customer importance, potential losses, and efficient working methods;
- Provide a high level of customer service;
- Maintain documentation of mechanical services, labor time entry, expenses, parts orders,
- Complete and submit paper work related to startups, servicing, warranty work, etc.;
- Order parts as necessary.
- Journeyman Millwright or Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certification
- 5+ years’ experience with Caterpillar, Waukesha, Aerial and natural gas driven compression
- Customer service skills
- Excellent administration, communication and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in remote locations without supervision
- Experience with new package commissioning is an asset
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
Start Date: Immediate
Shift Work: Various Shifts (14/14, 21/21…etc.)
Location: West Texas
- A company committed to career growth.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- Pre-employment background screening will be required for applicants selected to be interviewed
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.